Subscribe to OA Footnotes Blog

Thursday, November 5, 2020

It's All In How You Look At Things


Rickicisms! Do you remember those? The late, great Rick D., an esteemed OA long-timer published his 70 program musings in the Foothill Intergroup newsletter over (at least) the last 10 years. At the October 26th, 2020 Intergroup meeting, the intergroup board voted to begin running a monthly Rickicisms on the the OA Footnotes blog. So, hold on to your hats people, we bring you...Rickicisms. It's All In How You Look At Things (or, starting off on the right foot each day)

I've always believed that an Optimistic attitude in embarking on any project, program or process has a lot to do with it's successful outcome. The OA Program, however, constantly reminds me that if I put my trust in a High Power, if I keep coming back to meetings regularly and if I always try to do my best in working the Steps, I can certainly anticipate a better prospect for forward progress in my life. To put it another way, each day I can choose to decide whether the letter O is the last letter in the word zerO, or the first letter in the word Opportunity. 

                                                                                    --Rickicism #6